The genre of simulators covers various types of human activity. Management of the train and plane, cutting down the forest, the life of the rural farmer, the work of a surgeon or epidemiologist - on these and many other topics you can meet game simulators. Of course, not all of them fully disclose this or that topic. However, they are quite capable of giving a general idea. There is also a separate layer of games of this genre that do not aim at a deep immersion in the details.
Modern simulators are divided into several types:
- An economic simulator is a game where the emphasis is not on building a city, but on making profit. Players manage an existing firm or enterprise, play on the stock exchange or simply carry out entrepreneurial activities, the main purpose of which is to extract the maximum profit;
- Town planning simulator is a game where users need to build a city, an amusement park or other objects. An important component is the maintenance of the image of the place, as well as the attraction of new tenants or visitors;
- A technical simulator is the management of a complex technical object. Players are encouraged to take control of a racing car, a spaceship or a fighter. The main criterion for such games is completeness and realism;
- A sports simulator is an imitation of a certain sport. To date, it is one of the most popular types of simulator for the male part of the gaming community. The most vivid representatives of this genre can be called FIFA, Real Basketball;
- Simulation of management are games where users need to manage a cafe, restaurant, night club or other enterprise. Includes cooking, table setting and customer service;
- God's simulator is a game where players try on the role of God. A distinctive feature of the simulator is indirect control over the characters, that is, the creation of certain conditions for the realization of the desires and needs of the wards.