Express Scribe - professional audio player software for PC or Mac
Express Scribe is professional audio player software for PC or Mac designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with 'hot' keys). This transcribing software also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and more.
Get Express Scribe Free
The free version of Express Scribe supports most common audio formats including wav, mp3, wma, aif and dct and does not expire. Download the free version here. You can always upgrade to the professional version later for support of proprietary formats including dss, ds2, mvf and support for video files.
Transcription Software Features
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Plays most formats including encrypted dictation files. Supported file formats
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback. Supported professional foot pedal controllers
- Uses 'hotkeys' to control playback when transcribing into other software (e.g., Word)
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text
- Load CD audio directly and start working as the audio loads
- Works with FastFox text expander for entering medical/legal phrases and common phrases with keyboard shortcuts
- Brand: NCH Software Pty Ltd
- Product Code: DR11540-47
- Availability: In Stock